- At least a master’s degree in Engineering and a relevant Postgraduate Teaching Degree/Diploma.
- A BSc. Degree in Technical Education (pass with distinction), and a relevant Postgraduate Teaching Certificate/Diploma.
- A Master's in Curriculum and Instruction with a relevant Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Technical Education.
- Instructor – UA1: $222,917 - $342,150
- Lecturer I – UA2: $252,634 - $379,314
- Lecturer II – UA3: $312,083 – 453,614
- Senior Lecturer- UA4: $430,961 - $568,792
- Reader – UA5: $549,852 – $676,530
- Professor – UA6: $668,740 - $806,560
Note: Appointment level and placement in appropriate salary scales are determined by level of qualification, experience, and research/publications.
Benefits currently include non-taxable housing and travelling allowances, contributory medical and pension schemes; gratuity and entertainment allowance (where applicable), annual/vacation/study/sabbatical leave (whichever is applicable); leave passage and Academic Materials allowance.
Anyone recruited from overseas will receive up to four (4) full economy air fares (i.e. for self, spouse and two (2) unmarried children up to eighteen (18) years of age) from point of recruitment (as determined by the University regulations), limited removal expenses and a settling-in allowance.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, stating full name, date of birth, marital status, qualifications (with dates and overall grades obtained), work experience (with dates), full names and addresses of three (3) referees, who can testify to the academic/professional capabilities of the applicant (one of whom must be your present or last employer, where applicable), must reach the Personnel Division, University of Guyana, P.O. Box 10-1110, Georgetown, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than July 22, 2022 (Tel. Nos. 592-222-4181), Website: www.uog.edu.gy