The University of Guyana invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
Web Manager is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to clients (UG Departments) specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation
- Responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to clients (UG Departments) specifications.
- Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly & mobile friendly design and clear navigation
- Continues new websites development & websites maintenance on Drupal CMS
- Update websites content and review Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Ensure that information posted on the website is credible, correct, and up to date
- Monitor and improve websites performance (e.g traffic, load time, etc)
- Responsible for websites UI, Design, Backups & Security
- Manage and maintain the University Mail service for staff and students
- Develop and deliver short training courses with supporting manuals and videos
- Subjected to availability of time and critical requirements, assist the Software Development team with software development tasks
- Any other related duties assigned by the Head, Software Department
- B.Sc. Degree in Management Information Systems, or Computer Science, or Information Technology and at least two years hands-on experience in managing a large website (sample work must be provided).
- Have an in-depth working knowledge of Drupal CMS
- Knowledge of Web Analytics and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proficient in the use of graphic software applications for website design (Adobe Creative Suite, CorelDraw, etc)
SALARY SCALE: Web Manager - UA2:$211,272 - $317,211
Placement on Salary Scale would be dependent on qualification and experience.
Benefits currently include non-taxable housing and travelling allowances, contributory medical and pension schemes; gratuity and entertainment allowance (where applicable), annual/vacation leave, leave passage and Academic Materials allowance.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, stating full name, date of birth, marital status, qualifications (with dates and overall grades obtained), work experience (with dates), full names and addresses of three (3) referees, who can testify to the academic/professional capabilities of the applicant (one of whom must be your present or last employer, where applicable), must reach the Personnel Division, University of Guyana, P.O. Box 10-1110, Georgetown, Email: email@example.com, not later than Wednesday, July 4, 2018 (Tel. Nos. 592-222-4181/5271), Website: www.uog.edu.gy