Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Assistant Internal Auditor, Internal Audit Unit, University of Guyana:
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Accountancy plus four (4) years in auditing/related field OR
- ACCA level I or CAT plus three (3) years in auditing/related field OR
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP) or Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) plus 2 years in auditing/related field OR
- Degree in Accountancy or related field plus one (1) year in auditing/related field.
Salary Scale: UA 1: $175,868 - $263,789
Benefits currently include non-taxable housing, entertainment and travelling allowances, contributory medical and pension schemes; annual and vacation leave, leave passage and academic materials allowance.
Reports to the Internal Auditor and has responsibility for assisting in developing strategy for financial and operational audits and taking lead responsibility for some of these audits included in the annual internal audit plan
- Assist in documenting and evaluating financial and operational systems in order to determine the adequacy of the internal controls.
- Prepare draft audit programmes
- Carry out routine audits and prepare adequate working papers of the work done for review
- Assist in preparing draft reports for the routine audits
- Assist in conducting special investigation and carry out such duties as may be delegated by the Internal Auditor
Applications with Curriculum Vitae must reach the Personnel Division, University of Guyana E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, October 13, 2017.