- Explore UG
- About the University
- Schools & Institutes
- Divisions & Offices
- Resource Units
- Online Services
- For Prospective Students
- For Current Students
- For Faculty & Staff
- Distance Education Programmes
- Distance Education
The University of Guyana invites, for the first time, applications for the award of a scholarship sponsored by the Scholarship for Advanced Guyanese Education (SAGE).
See application form (HERE)
- Applicants must be Guyanese
- Applicants must have successfully completed their Secondary education no earlier than June 2007.
- Must be a first-time applicant to read for an undergraduate degree programme
- Applicants must have attained five passes at CXC with grades 1&2 inclusive of Math & English.
- Applicants must be able to verify their need for financial assistance
CONDITIONS OF THE AWARD
- Awardees will receive payment of their tuition in full, payable on a yearly basis, provided that they meet the criteria set out for Grade Point Average attainment and student conduct;
- Subject to the discretion of SAGE, awardees will receive financial assistance for the purchase of books and towards other living expenses
The University of Guyana will shortlist ten (10) applicants based on their qualifications and their completion of the essay requirements in the application form.
The applications will be mailed to SAGE for final selection of awardees.
The duration of the scholarship is four years, however, this is subject to awardees maintaining the criteria set by SAGE.
Applications are invited from students who may be attending either Turkeyen or Berbice campus.
Applications will only be considered for preliminary selection if the student has applied and has been admitted to the University of Guyana.
Further, applications that are submitted without all the requisite information specified will be considered “incomplete” and therefore not eligible for selection.
All applications must be delivered to:
Students’ Welfare Division
University of Guyana
Download Application form (HERE)