- Department of Biology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Math, Physics & Stats.
The science that deals with the study of living objects goes by the general name of Biology. Since both animals and plants are living, Biology includes the study of both. Biology is, therefore, divided into two branches - Botany, which deals with plants, and Zoology, which deals with animals.
Have you ever wondered why water evaporates? How acid rain is formed and why it is dangerous to the environment? Why keeping food cold retards spoilage? The study of Chemistry can answer all these questions and millions more like them. Chemistry is a central science. It is the study of substances, especially their structures, composition, properties and transformations. This knowledge enables us to understand changes and informs our decisions in making changes around us.
Computer Science and Information Technology are two competing perspectives of the study and use of computers and related technology. This distinction is becoming more increasingly important in academia. Computer Science grew out of the discipline of Mathematics and Electrical Engineering, whereas Information Technology was born out of Computer Science. Computer Science is primarily concerned with what is learnt when computers and related tools are used, while Information Technology is concerned with the humanistic aspects of Computer Science and what business values can be obtained from using computers. Computer Science is refined in focus, while on the other hand, IT is a broader integrative vision of the role played by computers in society.
Students in the department should have a strong commitment and dedication to their programme in order to succeed. The B.Sc. in Mathematics is internationally recognized by many universities. Having a solid foundation in pure and applied Maths is vital and applicable to almost every area of study. The Bachelors Degree in Mathematics is well structured to equip students with enough knowledge from which further studies can be pursued. The B.Sc. in Statistics is geared to deliver to students a
Welcome to your new Drupal website!
Please follow these steps to set up and start using your website:
- Configure your website Once logged in, visit the administration section, where you can customize and configure all aspects of your website.
- Enable additional functionality Next, visit the module list and enable features which suit your specific needs. You can find additional modules in the Drupal modules download section.
- Customize your website design To change the "look and feel" of your website, visit the themes section. You may choose from one of the included themes or download additional themes from the Drupal themes download section.
- Start posting content Finally, you can create content for your website. This message will disappear once you have promoted a post to the front page.