- Explore UG
- About the University
- Schools & Institutes
- Divisions & Offices
- Resource Units
- Online Services
- For Prospective Students
- For Current Students
- For Faculty & Staff
- Distance Education Programmes
- Distance Education
To provide technical guidance for and support the planning, monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance function of the University of Guyana.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor – Planning and International Engagement, the Senior Planning Officer (SPO) provides technical leadership and guidance for the strategic and operational planning, monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance functions, and their intersections, of the University of Guyana. He/she supports the DVC-PIE in the collection and analysis of relevant data and information, in the consultation process for strategic planning, and in the drafting, review and approval of unit operational plans. The incumbent works closely with the Planning Officer (Human Resource Management), the person(s) responsible for academic policy and planning, the Assistant Registrars for Data Management and Admissions, relevant IT staff and Budget and Planning Officer and Supply and Logistics Officer (Bursary).
Qualification and Experience
· B. Sc Statistics or Economics, plus the M. Sc. In Statistics/Economics/Development Studies or related Social Science related to planning/policy development, monitoring, evaluation and/or quality assurance from recognized universities.
· At least five years of experience as a Planning Officer, Financial Analyst, Data Analyst or Demographer in academia, national/international development or the private sector.
Key responsibilities include
· Lead the collection, analysis and dissemination of data/information for strategic planning and the development of the University’s strategic plan, identifying emerging trends and gaps in key external and internal indicators.
· Contribute to building an enhanced culture of PMEQ across the University, including the adherence to guidelines and deadlines, on-time reporting and the development of a functional IMIS.
· Coordinate the development, monitoring and review of annual operational plans across the University, including the University’s emergency preparedness and response plan.
· Contribute to and provide technical support the development of and execution of monitoring and evaluation systems to track progress and course correction for the implementation of the University’s strategic planning.
· Contribute to and provide technical leadership for the implementation of University-wide QA standards and systems.
· In collaboration with the Budget and Planning Officer (Bursary), ensure that the inputs into the University’s annual budgets cohere with annual operational plans.
· In collaboration with the Planning Officer (HRD), ensure that the University’s personnel planning, including succession planning, respond to the annual operational plans.
· Serve as the Secretariat of the University’s Building and Estates Committee.
Salary Scale: UA4: $340,002 - $442,590
Placement on Salary Scale would be dependent on level of qualification and relevant experience.
Benefits currently include non-taxable housing, entertainment and travelling allowances, contributory medical and pension schemes; annual and vacation leave, leave passage and academic materials allowance
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, stating full name, date of birth, marital status, qualifications (with dates and overall grades obtained), work experience (with dates), full names and addresses of three (3) referees, who can testify to the academic/professional capabilities of the applicant(one of whom must be your present or last employer, where applicable), must reach the Personnel Division, University of Guyana, P.O. Box 10-1110, Georgetown, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Fax : 592-222-4181, or Courier Service, not later than December 9, 2016 (Tel. Nos. 592-222-4181/5271), Website: www.uog.edu.gy