- Explore UG
- About the University
- Schools & Institutes
- Divisions & Offices
- Resource Units
- Online Services
- For Prospective Students
- For Current Students
- For Faculty & Staff
- Distance Education Programmes
- Distance Education
To provide technical guidance for and support the engagement of the University’s principal international constituencies.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Vice - Chancellor, Planning and International Engagement, the International Engagement Officer (IEO) provides technical leadership and guidance for the conceptualisation, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the University’s international agenda. Each IEO has two broad sets of responsibilities, viz., portfolio focusing on one of the University’s principal constituencies and technical function that contributes to and support all portfolios..
Qualification and Experience
1. LL.B and LEC/LLM or relevant Masters; B.A / B Sc/B Soc Sc Communication and relevant Masters; B.A,/ B Soc Sc International Relations/ Government/Political Science and a relevant Masters..
2. At least five years of experience as an International Affairs, Foreign Service or International Development Officer. At least five years as an Attorney in a public of private medium-sized institution. At least five years as an External Relations and /or Editor/ Spokesperson and /or Liaison Officer in a public/private medium –sized institution.
Key responsibilities include
· Lead/coordinate/support the collection, analysis, dissemination of data/information for international partnerships and initiatives (excluding alumni affairs and special projects managed by the Office of Strategic Initiatives).
· Develop and maintain profiles and databases on current, past and potential international partners.
· Contribute to and guide the conceptualisation, planning and development of relationships, partnerships and initiatives involving international partners, ensuring appropriate levels of due diligence and documentation.
· Manage the partnerships, relationships and initiatives within one’s portfolio, assessing and reducing risk, ensuring streamlined communication across the University, partners’ concerns are addressed, and on-time data/information are provided for all decisions.
· Monitor the implementation of partnerships, relationships and initiatives within one’s portfolio, and ensure that appropriate evaluation(s) is/are conducted in due course and results and lessons learned are appropriately disseminated and considered in future interactions.
· Coordinate/oversee the preparation of reports, and appropriate dissemination of same.
· Contribute to building an enhanced culture of PMEQ across the University, including the adherence to guidelines and deadlines, on-time reporting and the development of a functional IMIS.
· Contribute to the development, monitoring and review of annual operational plans across the University, including the University’s emergency preparedness and response plan.
Salary Scale: UA4: $340,002 - $442,590
Placement on Salary Scale would be dependent on level of qualification and relevant experience.
Benefits currently include non-taxable housing, entertainment and travelling allowances, contributory medical and pension schemes; annual and vacation leave, leave passage and academic materials allowance
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, stating full name, date of birth, marital status, qualifications (with dates and overall grades obtained), work experience (with dates), full names and addresses of three (3) referees, who can testify to the academic/professional capabilities of the applicant(one of whom must be your present or last employer, where applicable), must reach the Personnel Division, University of Guyana, P.O. Box 10-1110, Georgetown, Email: email@example.com, or Fax : 592-222-4181, or Courier Service, not later than December 9, 2016 (Tel. Nos. 592-222-4181/5271), Website: www.uog.edu.gy