- Explore UG
- About the University
- Schools & Institutes
- Divisions & Offices
- Resource Units
- Online Services
- For Prospective Students
- For Current Students
- For Faculty & Staff
- Distance Education Programmes
- Distance Education
If you fail to meet the general admission requirements for the Diploma / Associate Degree programmes or the Degree programmes, then you still have the opportunity to enter the university if you possess other qualifications and relevant experience and are successful at the University of Guyana Open Entrance Examination (UGEE).
- Those applicants who are already qualified for admission by virtue of relevant passes at the CSEC General Proficiency/GCE ‘O’ Level and other approved qualification WILL NOT be required to write the UGEE.
- Those applicants who expect to qualify for admission by virtue of relevant passes at the May/June GCE/CSEC examination may opt to write the UGEE.
Persons Eligible for the University of Guyana Entrance Examination (UGEE)
Those applicants who fall into one of the following categories WILL BE REQUIRED to write the UGEE:
- Those who have the required subjects at more than the stipulated number of sittings.
- Those applying for admission under the Mature Student category.
- Those applying for admission with Certificates from the following institutions:
- Burrowes School of Art.
- Critchlow Labour College..
- Ministry of Health – Pharmacy Assistant Programme
- GAHEF – Multi-Technician Course.
- Davis Memorial Hospital Foundation Health Care Programme.
- Any other qualification not approved by the academic Board.